Knox Basketball’s main priority is to get our kids back on the court as soon as it is safe to do so.
In order to do this as efficiently as possible and with minimal pressure on our clubs, we have decided on the following:
- All Clubs will enter the same teams (in the same grades) that they had on 12th March 2020, prior to the season being suspended due to COVID-19.
- Changes will be made to our By-Laws to allow players to complete the Summer 2019/20 season, despite their “Aged-Out” status.
- Once a clear “Return to Play” date has been set by Government and Basketball Victoria, we will begin to open up our team entries into Play HQ.
- KBI’s aim is to give all Clubs four (4) weeks’ notice to prepare for the resumption of play.
- Our ‘Plan A’ is to finish off the Summer 2019/20 season. Further details on the structure and length of the Summer 2019/20 season will be discussed with Clubs once we know this date of resumption.
- KBI will allow new Under 8 team entries to get newly registered players onto the court as quickly as possible.
- No Clearances will be accepted from 12th March 2020. The Clearance window will re-open once we have confirmed our next season (either Winter or Summer 2020/21).
- Credit will be given to Clubs who have pre-paid games, under the rule of ‘No Play, No Pay’.
As always, KBI will continue to update Clubs and Members in relation to COVID-19. Our plans may change depending on the advice we receive from Government and Basketball Victoria, however we feel that the above plan is in the best interest of all our clubs and players.