Knox Basketball’s main priority is to get all Senior Domestic teams back on the court as soon as it is safe to do so. In order to do this as efficiently as possible we have decided on the following:
- All Senior Domestic teams will be entered into the same night and grade as they were prior to the season suspension on the 12th March 2020.
- Our ‘Plan A’ is to finish off the Summer 2019/20 season. Further details on the structure and length of the Summer 2019/20 season will be released once a clear resumption date is known.
- KBI’s aim is to give all Senior Domestic teams as much notice as possible to prepare for the resumption of play, once we know when the Government restrictions will be lifted.
- Any teams that had pre-paid games in advance, these credits will carry over and used once we resume play.
- There will be no financial penalties imposed on teams that require to withdraw from Competition.
- New teams that have registered for the 2020 Winter season will be slotted in to grades as evenly as possible to ensure they get to begin playing ASAP.
- (This cannot be guaranteed and is subject to available courts. KBI will advise closer to competition start date, once that date is known)
Once a clear “Return to Play” date has been set by the Government and Basketball Victoria, we will open up PlayHQ for players to register and pay the BV Participant License Fee.